Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Internet

The Internet takes me away from nearby friends, from real interaction and conversation.

The Internet keeps me home.

The Internet promotes my physical inactivity

The Internet tempts me with inappropriate things.

The Internet lures me away with trivial, unimportant information.

The Internet often wastes my time.

The Internet frazzles and fragments my thinking, and my attention span, with flitting images and numerous options. I often do not dwell on subjects that require time to understand.

The Internet often robs me of being a content human being, of reflection time, and of inner-peace opportunities.

Cursed be distractions, and that which is trivial, alluring, but unsubstantial.

Counsel to self: exercise caution, self-discipline, and restraint when on the computer.

No comments: