Thursday, February 08, 2007

On My Mind > > > > > > > >






70's music - reminiscing - not enough poetry - too much dumb computer surfing - life was less complicated before I became absorbed in emailing, the Internet in general (and perhaps this blog) - friends - a Jazz game - a healing meniscus - three bishop brothers - a friend to be baptized - the Holy Scriptures - patience - a baby crying in the night, I'm so dazed with sleep numbness - friends in Vegas, Orem, California, and Portugal - Disneyland - gunning for consistency - gunning for honesty - wanting not to be ashamed - the marvels of lds.org - my happy sister - my wife - one daughter's desperate need for attention, and sleep - Heavenly Father's interventions - the BYU LPP program, how I'll afford it (sabbatical leave, heaven willing), how I'll manage the time requirements and how it'll affect my marriage and family - how Heavenly Father blesses me when I strive - the evilness of being a busy body - Satan's distractions - the addiction to music and its spiritual qualities - the spirituality of emotions - understanding the complex geographic intertwining plots in Mosiah - the need to strive without running faster than my strength (where is balance?) - the crucial need to try, to believe, to act - the power of passion in my endeavors - the mixed feelings about leaving teaching - the exhilarating joy in physical motion - the need to write - the need to wind down each night - ice cream - Paul Simon's African and South American imagery - beautiful commemorative coins - the joy of sharing and serving - wanting a minivan - wheat and other grains - teaching Gospel Principles - the despondency of waywardness and darkness - testimony - General Conference - ever-increasing permissiveness in our media .... the desire to blog!

No comments: