Saturday, August 07, 2010

I'm a Believer

.

Though the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is frequently slammed in the media, particularly here in the Salt Lake Valley, I believe the Church is true. The more I study its doctrine, particularly in the scriptures, and the more I listen to the speeches given in General Conferences, and the more I listen to Church music, and the more I learn of Church history, and the more I sit and think about it, and the more I sit and mull over a particular passage of scripture, and when I learn about temples .... the more I believe, the more I know it is true. Its doctrines are profound, touching, and comforting.

The Church offers so much of goodness, and light, and hope. And in this world spiraling out of control in every aspect, I need that.

.

No comments: