Monday, December 14, 2009

Three Words for You to Circumscribe

Three words for you to circumscribe,
Three words to speak around;
To tell them sideways, navigate
The turn until they’re found.

Three words were said, by my desire,
To fan my wind, and cool my fire;
They weren’t said to find hitched grace,
Or mobile latitude their place.

For those three words escaped my lips
And slipped away from tongue;
They brushed my thigh and drained away;
What they were for I cannot say.

So recompense blows nightly wind
For seedstorms sown in haste;
We cannot stand, we can’t see them,
Their place has been displaced.

I am to trees what you surmise
Some others are to plants;
They grow; I watch; I knock; I wait;
The lesson moves at other gait.

And wisdom round the ring of rise,
Up-sun through melted golden skies,
I perjure up-word journey through
Undaunted by my eyes;
For they send messages ill-willed,
And journey to the end;
And bringing such I never will
See beauty for a friend.

No comments: