Monday, July 20, 2009

Today's Revealization

The key word is replace. I cannot uproot a weed and leave a gaping hole, for another weed will grow in its place. I must plant a flower there.



Same with sins. I cannot say, "Stop doing or thinking that sin"; I must do or think something good to replace it. Replace sin with goodness. Don't just stand there and try to think evil away. do things that occupy your time, attention, and heart with goodness. Good music, friends who influence you to do good, serving others...

2 comments:

Matt said...

Amen brother! Too true! I cannot tell you how many times people did not believe that. Service is the best remedy but there are many other worthwhile activities.

Anonymous said...

Tim, thank you so much for being a great support in this difficult time of my life. I am grateful people like you are in my life to listen to me.

N