Sunday, July 06, 2008

Windows

Life is full of windows:

- To look through
- To breathe through
- To find an answer through
- To reconsider one's own life


In my life, there are four panes to my window, as explained by the Johari picture:



1) The Arena is what both others and I know about me;


2) The Façade is what I know about myself but others don't;

3) The Blind Spot is what others know about me but I am unaware of; and finally,

4) The Unknown is what neither others nor I know about me.

After this last year of my administrative program, I have had lots of my Façade chipped away, sometimes brutally. And I have had much of my Blind Spot move to either a personal or public awareness. This has been uncomfortable but very growthful.

This concept was introduced to me in a class last year, yet I have returned to it time and time again. It helps me acknowledge and understand my identity.

------------------- Side note coming:

It's fun to sing "Volaré," replacing that word with "Johari."

Hah!

No comments: