Thursday, March 08, 2007

Do you have a wart?


Over the past few months a wart has developed on my left middle finger. At first I thought it was some sort of clotted vein or something, so I dug at it with a straight pin in order to drain it. No worky. It only made it bleed. So I pulled a Google, and this is what I found:

From familydoctor.org:

Duct tape treatment-- Covering a wart with duct tape may also help because it irritates the wart and the skin around it, causing the body to attack it. Cover the wart with duct tape for up to a week. Then remove the tape, soak the wart in water and rub it gently with an emery board or a pumice stone. Leave the tape off overnight, then repeat treatment until the wart goes away. If this is not successful after 2 months, see your doctor to try another approach.

It has definitely helped. You might try it too.

No comments: