Monday, May 29, 2006

One woman, One man


Today I sent the following e-mail to Utah Senator Orrin Hatch:

"Dear Mr. Hatch,

I am aware that soon you will be called upon to help decide if marriage can be defined as solely between one man and one woman. I strongly urge you to support such a concept.

Please do all that you can do to support those traditional marital values that have maintained stability in our society for centuries.

Please also do all that you can do to make sure that homosexual marriages are NOT given legal or economic approval.

Although I do not consider myself homophobic, I am outspokenly against homosexuality. Aside from Biblical accounts that condemn the practice as offensive to God, homosexuality is clearly a cancer that is eating away at the basic family traditions of America. If allowed to further inch its foot in the door of social acceptance, homosexuality will corrode our society even further. It goes against nature. It confuses sexual identity. It does not allow the human race to thrive and propogate. It spreads disease.

As a side note, I am a Republican delegate here in West Jordan, and voted for you at the last Republican Convention in Sandy. (Congratulations, by the way.) I voted for you because I trust you, your character, and your wisdom.

Thank you for all the work you have done in behalf of the state of Utah over the years. I respect you tremendously.

Sincerely,
Tim Brooks"

No comments: