Thursday, February 16, 2006

Neil Diamond and all things 2-16-2006



Today is Thursday. I participated in the annual 9th grade boys' basketball team vs. the male faculty game at West Jordan Middle School. This is the 11th year I have participated in this tribal ritual. Imagine having 1,000 teenagers screaming against you in a gym (with a few loyal rebels who actually dare to cheer for the teachers). Gives me cotton mouth. Up till now, we were 8-2 over my first 10 years. Now we're 8-3. These kids drubbed us, raining down 3-pointers like no other. I am so relieved that it's over. And exhausted. Mentally drained. I get too worked up over these dumb games.

I have listened a lot to Neil Diamond's "12 Songs" album. Just released last year.

Karin and I and our kids will be going to Disneyland soon. We plan out our trips like, like uh, like a lot. Meticulously. Passionately. It costs a lot to go there, and we want to get our money's worth. If you ever go to Disneyland, see The Unoffical Guide to Disneyland. It's insightful, factual, and extremely helpful. It tells you how to go there in a stress-free way, go on all the rides you really want to go on, and avoid lines. Who wants to go to Disneyland to wait in lines?

This is a fun way to say whatever --- and feel like I have an audience.

No comments: